Wednesday, April 06, 2022

If I am locked in a room, what are the three things which I would take with me? (Googling Myself - 1)

If I am locked in a room, what are the three things which I would take with me?

1. Book - Discovery of India - by Jawahar Lal Nehru

2. A very heavy Register of atleast a 1000 pages (if possible)

3. A pen with Ink to last 1 lac words. 

Reason -

India is one of the oldest civilizations and a book which transcends time and captures the development of this civilisation provides insights into cultures, traditions, human behaviour and leadership. The pattern captured in the book is exquisite. Even after over 80 years since the book has been written, its power of capturing ones imagination is huge.

Why did I choose Discovery of India over my other favourite books - Mahabharata and Gita.

While both the other books are just outstanding in terms of the knowledge they impart and the way they make one look inside oneself. But Discovery of India sets itself apart from both these as it is a story about how we reached where we are and for me knowing both the things are important - knowing myself as well as how we reached here. I think that both these things combined will provide me direction into where I am heading. 

While for knowing myself, I am carrying the other two things where I intend to detail out myself and discover myself, this one book will help me get a perspective of the world we are living in today, the mistakes we have made, the things we could have done better and probably I would be able to identify things I need to read more about.


No comments: