Thursday, April 07, 2022

What would be the title of my Autobiography? (Googling Myself 2)

 

The Rebel with a cause


What is a Rebellion? 

An act which does not conform to the standard norm of 'commonly acceptable behaviour' is classified as an act of Rebellion! 

When you are brought up in a typical middle class family, it is an unwritten rule that you have to step aside from your dreams and idiosyncrasies and follow a standard pattern in your life.

But how is that fun? 

How is that living?

Isn't it just surviving?

Don't one finds bound with chains most of the time?

I have struggled for freedom from these chains many times. The earliest struggle which I could remember was when I was in class 5th. I would have been around 11 years of age then.

My unrelenting passion was to join a Sainik School and train for being in the Army. This was also the time when Sharukh Khan Starrer, Fauji was released. And this dream of mine was fuelled by the creativity of this 13 episode series. I was preparing really hard for the written exams for Sainik School. I had even told a lot of friends about it. 

But Sainik School did not happen. Today as a father, I can clearly see the logic in the decision taken by my parents. But as an 11 year old it was suffocating. 

Later it was joining a taekwondo training academy, pursuing career in sports, not able to live my dream of being in defence forces. 

Do I blame my parents or anyone for it? No, never.

But this is what made my personality. The feeling of suffocation of not able to live your dream, however small is killing. Surviving is to live with this suffocation. 

I grew into an individual who would always find a way to break away from all this. It does take time for me to get on to the right path but every decision I take in my life is to breakaway from this suffocation. 

Over a period of time, I have been trying to find a way in which I can help other people to do the same. Be it by opening school in villages where we helped a lot of teachers breakaway from their suffocating lifestyles or be it as a Startup School Director at LPU, where I helped students.

People today need assurance that it is okay to breakaway. The cost of living your life the way you want is not exorbitant. Rather on the other hand it is even more worthwhile.

I hope that I would continue to create opportunity for myself and my kids to live a life one wants.

No comments: